· The Anna Engine Plant is continuing the localization of its
components production with new investments in coming months that will total
nearly $170 million.
· These projects will include building expansions and renovations
within the plant to add a fourth engine assembly line and to increase the
production of pulley components for continuously variable transmissions
· The new, highly automated engine assembly line will increase
flexibility to manufacture engines for Honda and Acura products.
· These projects will create approximately 200 new jobs at the Anna
· Construction for these projects will begin over the next few
*Honda Transmission Announcement*
· Honda Transmission Mfg. of America, Inc. in Russells Point, Ohio
has previously announced a round of investments to increase high pressure
aluminum die casting operations for the production of transmission cases.
· Honda Transmission also will begin other projects in coming weeks
to increase flexibility to produce advanced transmissions and powertrain
components. These new investments at Honda Transmission will exceed
approximately $50 million.
· More information will be available in coming weeks about these new
investments, which will further localize manufacturing in the U.S. and
increase our flexibility to meet the needs of our customers with advanced
To read the rest of this article please subscribe or sign in